Position Title: Team Lead
Position Type: On-Site
Employment Status: Full-Time
Department: Retail- Delivery
Revolutionary Clinics is harnessing the positive power of the emerging cannabis industry to raise the standard for alternative care and generate economic opportunity across Massachusetts. At its three registered marijuana dispensaries in Cambridge and Somerville, Revolutionary Clinics provides the highest quality medical marijuana products and the very best in-patient care and was named the best medical dispensary in the state by its peers in 2019. Its state-of-the-art cultivation facility in Fitchburg, Massachusetts is one of the largest in the state and supplies over 35 retail establishments with sought-after products and flower. Revolutionary Clinics employs more than 230 colleagues across its manufacturing and retail operations and generated hundreds of thousands of dollars in tax revenue for Massachusetts’ communities. Through its corporate social responsibility program, Cannabis with a Conscience, Revolutionary Clinics joins with a range of partners in supporting healthy lives and vulnerable populations, advancing community revitalization efforts through philanthropy and public-private partnerships, and promoting diversity within the cannabis industry.
Retail Team Leads provide support to the store General Manager and Assistant General to ensure dispensary operations run efficiently and effectively while remaining compliant with regulations set by Massachusetts, the Cannabis Control Commission, and Revolutionary Clinics. Including but not limited to operational planning, team member development, and patient support.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
• Maintain a current knowledge of CCC and company regulation and ensure department operations remain within compliance
• Process voids and returns as well as destroy and document waste product
• Utilize knowledge of medical marijuana strains, concentrates, and edible product to support patient and department needs
• Support the training and education of both staff and vendors
• Provide coaching and constructive criticism to team members to ensure continuous growth and development
• Ensure cleanliness and sanitation of all work environments
• Prior customer service and/or retail experience
• Strong written and oral communications skills
• Ability to problem solve and innovate in a fast-paced environment
• Proficiency in MS Office, POS systems, and tracking software
• Prior experience within the cannabis industry
• Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
• Must pass a comprehensive background check annually to ensure compliance within Cannabis Control Commission and Revolutionary Clinics set regulations
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• High School Diploma or GED required
Employees may be required to bend, squat, kneel, crouch, climb, crawl, complete repetitive hand movements, and/or walk intermittently throughout the day. Employees may also be exposed to company approved chemicals for sanitation and production purposes. Team members will also be exposed to cannabis and cannabis products while onsite.
All submitted resumes will be reviewed by our Human Resources Department. We will contact you if we determine you to be qualified for the available position. If we find that we do not have a position available that suits your experience and qualifications, we will retain your information for one year and contact you if an appropriate position becomes available. Thank you for your interest in Revolutionary Clinics.
Revolutionary Clinics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other protected classification under the law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, promotion, salary, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment and discharge.
Revolutionary Clinics will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
Revolutionary Clinics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to HR@RevClinics.org