As a premium medical marijuana dispensary, Revolutionary Clinics carries the best quality edibles anywhere in the commonwealth. Our patients rave about our tasty treats, and with good reason. They’re potent, easy to dose, and very delicious!
Edibles are an excellent means of consuming marijuana for medical patients.
They deliver intense pain relief without the lung damage associated with smoking.
They offer prolonged relief, often for up to four hours.
They are easy to consume without complicated paraphernalia.
They are portable and discrete.
Though we carry high-quality medical marijuana infusions for all tastes, many of our craft-minded patients wish to try their hand at medical marijuana cooking. There are thousands of cannabis food recipes available online, so here we’ll focus on a simple recipe for the one staple that every cannabis chef needs in their cupboard – cannabis oil! Use it in any recipe calling for cooking oil, and you’ve got easy edibles for days.
You will need
- 1 cup of cannabis flowers
- 1 cup cooking oil of your choice (canola, olive, coconut or butter are favorites)
- Fine Mesh Strainer
- Marijuana grinder
- Cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- Grind the cannabis coarsely and spread evenly on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper. Be sure you don’t pulverize it too fine, or you will allow too much plant matter and chlorophyll into the oil giving it a sour taste.
- Place the cookie sheet into the oven and set a timer for 50 minutes. Note: The aroma of marijuana will be strong during this step, so plan accordingly.
- Remove from oven and allow it to cool. The herb will be toasted and should have a dark green to brownish color.
- Combine the oil and the toasted cannabis in the saucepan, and turn the heat on low.
- Use a thermometer to monitor the heat. Slowly heat up the oil until the temperature reaches 225 degrees and remains steady. Do not allow the temperature of the oil to exceed 245 degrees Fahrenheit. Adjust heat as necessary.
- Simmer the oil for at least three hours, stirring often. You can simmer for as long as you’d like to extract as much THC as possible, but the longer you cook, the higher the risk of scorching.
- While still hot, strain the oil through the strainer into a clean, glass container. Allow it to drip through the strainer and cool completely.
That’s it! Use this oil in any recipe calling for cooking oil. Brownies are a classic! Or if you’re impatient, simply drizzle ½ tsp of oil onto toast and enjoy its effects in about an hour.
Visit our dispensary for some delicious edible recipes and cooking tips from our staff!